Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Heart is a Lonely Rocking Horse

Dearest Comrades!

After Publishing my last installment I went to the Garfield neighborhood on the Gallery Crawl. Stopping off at the various art galleries and whatever ever else you find there along Penn avenue. You know where Pittsburghers go to look at things they don't care to understand, drink PBR, and finger paints or take place in a happening titled: THE BIRTH OF MY PAIN!
Well to say the least, I passed by every art show, since everything was either the photograph of a flower or a beach landscape and I continued on until I came across this handsome looking rocking horse with a sign in the window that said JOIN US...>>> You'll never guess, comrades, what happened when I went inside. I found forty to fifty grown men and women rocking back and forth on these elaborately adorned playground rocking horses. It was magic, in unison, they moved and swayed. I tell you not even Michelangelo himself could create such unity. There was a free chair and I began to rock. But the horse would not obey. It moved left to right, right to left, never in sync with the others. Then the video turned on....
A bald man appeared on screen and explained to me how to rock. Back and forth, back to forth. I even got an awesome pair of Nike tennis shoes. I really enjoyed the meeting, they invited me back next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment